Become a part of the social and scientific network
How can I join the CTBT Young Professionals Network?
The criteria for becoming a member
The network is open for young professionals affiliated with either an NDC or the PTS. They will need to have a scientific or technical background and scope of work as well as being young. Young in this context is below the age of 40 years.
To join the CTBT Young professionals Network, please send an email to [email protected] including the following:
- Name, age, and country
- Background and scope of work
You can then sign up on the web portal and create an account.
Can I become an associate member?
From 1 April 2022, the CTBT Young Professionals Network offers associate membership for young students and researchers belonging to STEM fields who might envision a career at I) a National Data Centre or the CTBTO, II) conduct research with IMS data, or III) have a general interest in global peace, monitoring, and the CTBT verification regime.
Associate members of the CTBT Young Professionals Network will get access to events arranged by the Young Professionals Network, such as “Science and Tech Talks”, presentations, and some general networking events. They would also gain access to the YPN web portal.
Please note that certain events and programs only are open to regular YPN members.
The criteria for becoming an associate member
- Young (below the age of 40)
- Master or Ph.D. student, researcher, or connection to a university
- Belonging to STEM fields, e.g., earth sciences, physics, and nuclear sciences
To become an associate member, please send an email to [email protected] including
- Name, age, country
- Workplace and scope of work
Why should I join?
If you are a young scientist or technical expert, you should join to;
- Become a better technical expert
- Get linked in with the world’s leading experts in your area of work and research
- Get inspired and have fun with science and technologies, make new friends from all over the world
- Get on a fast(er) track for becoming a specialist in monitoring and verification technologies
- Get access to ideas, research, and experts through exchanges with your peers and mentors and
- Learn about career opportunities
- Get input and inspiration for your day job at your National Data Centre
If you are a mentor or a manager at a National Data Centre;
- Through the Young Professionals Network, your younger staff members will be more knowledgeable and inspired
- They will have the opportunity to develop faster scientifically and professionally through access to ideas, research, and experts
- They will bring back the latest scientific developments and help your NDC stay on top of your game
- They will learn about project and funding opportunities
- They will ensure continued high-level deliverables from your NDC in the years to come
Encourage your colleagues to participate in the network – it will benefit all!