How can I join?
To join YPN, send an email to [email protected].
The network is open for staff having a formal, long term employee relationship with either an NDC or the PTS. They will need to have a scientific or technical background and scope of work as well as being young. Young in this context is below the age of 40 years.
The network meets both virtually and at CTBTO related events and meetings where they get to know their peers from around the world. Network members develop joint projects, share knowledge and receive guidance from senior experts.
Why should I join?
If you are a young scientist or technical expert, you should join to;
- Become a better technical expert
- Get linked in with the world’s leading experts in your area of work and research
- Get inspired and have fun with science and technologies, make new friends from all over the world
- Get on a fast(er) track for becoming a specialist in monitoring and verification technologies
- Get access to ideas, research, and experts through exchanges with your peers and mentors and
- Learn about career opportunities
- Get input and inspiration for your day-job at your National Data Centre
If you are a mentor or a manager at a National Data Centre;
- Through the Young Professionals Network your younger staff members will be more knowledgeable and inspired
- They will have the opportunity to develop faster scientifically and professionally through access to ideas, research, and experts
- They will bring back the latest scientific developments and help your NDC stay on top of your game
- They will learn about project and funding opportunities
- They will ensure continued high-level deliverables from your NDC in the years to come
Encourage your colleagues to participate in the network – it will benefit all!